Work with people –
David has had experience of being a couples therapist for five years 1995-1999 with the University of Exeter Dept. of Clinical Psychology
been a Family Mediator (Member of the UK College) for five years 2000-2005
Social Worker and Team Manager for 21 years
David has an Honours degree in Psychology from Exeter University
a Life Coaching Diploma from Noble Manhattan
and a Certificate in Counselling.
He has set up and established a successful and well established Fostering agency before moving on in 2008.
David works as a Consultant to small firms on human relationship issues in the care sector.
Although David has many years experience of working as a counsellor and helping people to come to terms with their past he will, whilst respecting people’s history and understand its place in their lives, focus on what they wish to achieve in the future both short and long term.
I work as a Development & Performance Coach and support individuals develop their capacity to achieve what they want out of life.
I have been fortunate enough to work in many different commercial, educational, local authority and voluntary environments. As a consequence I have experienced how the quality of relationship between work colleagues plays such a major part in the extent to which people enjoy what they do on a day to day basis.
As a qualified Mediator, I have worked within communities supporting the resolution of difficult neighbourhood disputes and appreciate how tension between people in a relationship, severely affects their health.
My vision as a performance coach is quite simple – I aim to make a positive difference to people’s lives. When working with couples on their relationships, some of the key challenges I often pose are:
• What would take you and your partner one step closer together?
• If you were to look back in 5 years time, what one thing do you think you would regret in terms of not doing more for your partner?
• What would your partner say is the one thing about you that would make a positive difference to your relationship? What is the real cost to you of making this change?
As a coach, when working on these types of issues with couples, I use a very straight forward approach, often asking the kind of questions friends, family, colleagues or partners won’t ask, but which help a person get right down to the important issues.
My main expertise is working with individuals and teams within the workplace to help unlock potential build confidence and so greatly improve personal satisfaction at work whilst helping an organisation achieve its goals.
Working with people:
• As a performance coach with 1. individuals, both within and outside of the workplace, and with 2. teams at all levels in the workplace over many years
• As Vice Principal for 15 years creating and maintaining an outstanding Beacon sixth form college with happy and successful staff colleagues
• Working with young people for over 25 years to support their confidence and achieve their goals
• I have an Honours degree in Biology from London University • Post graduate certificate of education • Life coaching diploma from Noble Manhattan with Honours
• as a national trainer with Osiris Educational • as an associate coach with Gnosis consultancy • as a freelance performance coach for a wide range of organisations, both in the public and private sector e.g. Somerset County Council Children and Young People’s Directorate; Musgrove Park Hospital; Learning South West; Devon and Cornwall training providers; Parsons Brinckerhoff engineering; many schools and colleges across the UK
My belief is that we all have the ability to move from uncertainty and self doubt to certainty and self belief, and to live a life which excites and fulfils: we deserve no less.